Friday, July 25, 2008

My Ride to Moab on July 4th. . . .

Well I said that I would put this story up....
On the way down to Moab we drove thru Helper (which they are doing construction on the highway right now). We were just coming out of the construction zone when Jon was caught speeding. Jon didn't know what the speed limit was for the construction zone. So we were laughing while the lady officer was back at her car writing up the speeding ticket. Then she came back and asked if the car was Jon's. We told that that it is just under my name but it is our car. So she went back and then she came back and said "Marissa will you please step out of the car" Jon turned to me and we were both stunted on why she wanted me to get out of the car. Then she said "We have a warrant out for your arrest". So scared, surprised and worried I open the door and hit the officer that was on the other side of the car. I didn't even know that he was there. oops! LOL So I get my flip flops on and step out of the car. Then they ask me if I remembered getting a ticket sometime in November of 2007. I didn't remember it, but after I was able to relax and think about. It was around the time Garrick was having brain surgery and I had forgotten about the ticket. The ticket was only for no registration and no proof of insuance. But they had to handcuff me and take me in. lol I was scared at first till they told me that I will be in and out. They wanted to get me in and out because there female side of the jail was overflowing. Which was a surprise to me cause it was such a small town. The lady officer was nice about it. She has to take me in and do the paper work for me. While she was doing that Jon had to go to the atm and withdraw $440 to bail me out. lol Yes I had my picture taken and finger printed. While we were waiting for the front desk to bring down the reciept of Jon paying cash to get me out. . . the lady officier came out and gave me my BOOKED paperwork. While she was walking down she was eating a donut. I said to her "hey you, no eating on the job" she said "what do you expect, it's a donut!" I said "oh I forgot it comes with the outfit" She couldn't stop laughing walking back. lol
It was a gruling 30 minutes in jail. And all I had to do was to take off my flipflops. lol When I walked out of the jail to the car, Jon locked the doors rolled down the window and said "Are you going cause any more trouble little lady" I laughed and he let me in. We laughed the rest of the way down to Moab and I also found out that Jon called his entire family and texted our friends on what happened. It was an experience that I never want to go thru again but yet glad that it didn't get any worse.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is such a crazy story yet. Sweet Mo in her little tiny flip flops being handcuffed like a hardened criminal. Oh dear. I am very glad you can laugh about it. I would have just died. Well done.